Duo is migrating from their long-used iframe authentication window to what they have chosen to call the Universal Prompt. When and how we migrate is up to us but there is a deadline of March 30, 2024 when the iframe method will no longer be available.
We are planning to take our first step in this migration this coming Wednesday, February 1. Only logins to Microsoft 365 resources will be affected on Feb 1. There will be several differences that you may see:
- The appearance of the Duo prompt. See the guide page link below for samples.
- The way in which Duo will prompt for your second factor, i.e., a Push may happen automatically if that is the most secure method available for your account.
- If you need to interact differently with Duo for a login, cancel the first choice used and click "Other options" to choose a different method.
- The method that you use for that application will become the default method for your next use of that same application.
- If you need to change that default, cancel the request, click "Other options", and choose your new default method.
If you have questions about this change or the options available to you, please contact the Service Desk at 319-273-5555.
All details and information about Duo's Universal Prompt may be found at https://guide.duo.com/universal-prompt