Administrative Information Systems Updates
Information Technology (IT) is constantly working to improve and secure the systems and services it runs. These changes take many shapes, including security updates, upgrades to functionality, and other modifications. These changes are worked on in testing systems and then deployed into production on a regular schedule. Under the circumstances of a campus closure event, IT will change its strategy to allow work to continue and progress to be made, without any changes actually being pushed into production. This may allow progress on system development to continue without introducing unnecessary risk (e.g. system outages, downtime, etc) into an already tense environment where a large number of employees are working from home.
IT continually works with campus leadership to identify those systems and services most crucial to maintaining the University's academic mission and during a campus closure event, our resources will be spent "keeping the lights on" for those systems.
If you have any questions, comments, or concerns, please don't hesitate to open an IT request by visiting Service Hub at servicehub.uni.edu and using the Get IT Help request form.
On Monday, December 17, UNI’s Oracle E-Business login page, ebiz.uni.edu, will be changing. This upgrade will be the first of many as Information Technology looks to upgrade the CatID login experience for all campus web applications.
A summary of the improvements are listed below:
- Previous login problems where users had to clear cache and cookies or rely on a private browsing session have been corrected.
- You can enter both your username and passphrase from the initial login screen.
- The Secure TextPad has been removed and will no longer be required.
- The “Forgot your passphrase” link is easier to find. For more information on enrolling in the CatID Account Recovery Tool, see: https://it.uni.edu/enroll-catid-account-recovery-tool
- The login page is now more mobile-friendly and should provide a better login experience on mobile devices.
- The new login page is more accessible for those using screen reading software and similar technology.
No action is required on your part. If you do encounter any issues with the new login page, simply try again by re-entering ebiz.uni.edu into your browser’s address bar. If you still have problems, submit an incident through servicehub.uni.edu or contact the IT Service Desk at 319-273-5555 for assistance.
The morning of Tuesday, October 3, Information Technology will upgrade the Oracle e-Business Suite. This upgrade will change the login experience for eBiz.
This upgrade is required to facilitate the upcoming Multi-Factor Authentication (MFA) rollout across campus. For more information on the MFA project, please visit: https://mfa.uni.edu
The new eBiz login experience includes an updated look and feel. The login process is split into two steps:
- Navigate to Oracle e-Business and enter your username on the first screen
- The second screen will show you your personalized security image and phrase
This technology is in use in various other industries to secure the login process to their websites. The idea is that the combination of your personal image and security phrase are much harder to fake in the event a malicious version of our login page pops up somewhere. When using the login page in the future, you should verify that the image and phrase shown are the ones you select the first time you configured the experience.
For more information on the new Oracle e-Business login experience, including how to configure your security image and phrase, please see: https://it.uni.edu/kb/9133
For more information on the Multi-Factor Authentication (MFA) project, please visit: https://mfa.uni.edu