UNI Alumni are eligible to have a Google Alumni email account after graduation. To sign up, follow the steps below:
- You will receive an email with signup instructions, directing you to sign up through emailrequest.uni.edu
- Use your CatID to sign in.
- After signing in, your eligibility will be shown.
If you're eligible for a new account, you can sign up and log in:
- Click on the Request an Alumni account link:
- Select a new email address in the @alumni.uni.edu domain:
- Type in a password for your account (at least 15 characters long). Tip: Write this down to help you sign in later:
Provide an alternate email address to be notified when your account is ready:
If you are not a current UNI student or staff member, you can setup email forwarding:
Finally, choose Submit Request. You will receive an email to the address you provided when you can sign in.
To sign in, visit gmail.com and type in your new email address (with the @alumni.uni.edu part) and then the new password you created. You will be prompted to accept Google's terms.
You'll be prompted to protect your account by adding a recovery email address and phone. Click on Update to add these:
- You'll see a few emails in your new account with important information. Read those and finish setting up your account.
- Now that your account is setup, you can migrate your data.
Ineligible for a new account
If you are ineligible, you will see the following message after logging in:
You can sign up for a new email account through a personal email provider like Google or Microsoft and migrate your data prior to your account being deactivated. If think you should be eligible, contact the Office of the Registrar to check your academic standing.