UNI offers a guest wireless network, allowing anyone unable to connect to the eduroam network to gain internet access while at UNI. This service is available in all campus buildings except the UNI Dome, McLeod Center, and the residence halls.
This open wireless network is for guests of the University of Northern Iowa only. If you are a student, faculty, or staff member, please connect to “eduroam”. If you need assistance connecting to eduroam, please visit this support page. This network is not encrypted and some University services will be unavailable when connected. Faculty, staff, or student devices that have connected to eduroam previously will be blocked from using this Open Guest Network.
1) View the available wireless networks:
Connect to UNI Guest WiFi network.
2) You will see a page asking for your first name, last name, and email address:
Complete the information and choose Complete Registration. By registering, you agree to UNI's terms and conditions.
3) Your registration will be processed. After being processed, you will see a screen that says the registration is successful and will be redirected to the UNI website.
4) You will now be able to browse the web on the guest network. Accounts are active for 7 days. After that time period you will need to register again.
- UNI students, faculty, and staff should connect to the eduroam network.
- The guest network is not encrypted and some University services will be unavailable when connected.
- This service is available in all academic buildings except the UNI Dome, McLeod Center, and the residence halls.