IT provides a variety of services to the UNI campus. The information below outlines the services provided and any charges associated with those services.
IT - Network & Infrastructure Services
VMware Server Virtualization / Storage / Backups
|CPU||$35 / vCPU / Yr||$35 / vCPU/ Yr|
|RAM||$25 / GB RAM / Yr||$20 /GB RAM/ Yr|
|VM Storage||$0.25 /GB /Yr||$0.20 / GB /Yr|
$0.55 / GB / Yr
(deduplicated, avg 5:1 rate = $0.11/GB/Yr)
$0.50 / GB / Yr
(deduplicated, avg 5:1 rate = $0.10/GB/Yr)
|Central Windows File Server Storage (*beyond free allocation*)||$0.36 / GB / Yr (Includes backup and off-site replication)||$0.30 / GB / Yr (Includes backup and off-site replication)|
Departmental & User Storage Allocation
- Free Allocation
- Per Dept/Div/Unit
- Per User = 25 GB (may request up to 50 GB)
- Wireless access point: $600 + labor, materials, & port charge (generally $1000 per location)
- New wired port: $300 + time and materials (no Resnet port charge)
- Make existing wired jack live: $300 (no Resnet port charge)
- Use of existing building fiber: $1500 per hop + fiber at $0.30/ft (based on the number of strands needed).
- Projects: If the project pays for a switch, occupants have 9 months after the project end to make ports live with no additional port charge.
- Common material pricing
Field Service Labor
- $60/hr (minimum 1/2 hr)
- Charge guidelines & FAQs
Networking for External Customers
- New wired port: $300 + time and materials, $25/mo ongoing.
IT Educational Technology & Media Services
- Audio/Video support services $42/hour Internal customers, $50/hour External customers - other expenses may apply
- All events and projects can be quoted via request via service incident Media Services Event/Project request form