In light of the recent recommendation for all UNI employees to work remotely when possible, Information Technology (IT) has modified its laptop checkout process. The following process is now in place as of Wednesday, March 18th, 2020, at 1:00PM.
Faculty and staff who need to request a laptop should use this form to request one.
Keep in mind when requesting a laptop that all units available are standard Dell models with basic applications installed. If you have questions about working remotely, please visit IT's Remote Services and Support website for information on Remote Desktop, using the VPN, and many other tools.
It is important to fill out the form above prior to taking any other action. Without filling out the form, you will not be granted electronic access to the room where the laptops are stored. The following steps are the process once you've filled out the Service Hub request form:
- Once you have filled out the request form, IT will work with Facilities Management staff to get your ID card added for electronic access to Sabin Hall room 103.
- When the access has been granted, your Service Hub ticket will be updated to to let you know you are all set.
- Come to campus between the hours of 8:00AM and 4:30PM Monday-Friday. Head to Sabin Hall room 103. Swipe your UNI ID card at the electronic access terminal and when it goes green, open the door. In front of you and to the right, you can select a laptop off of the table and a power cord from the box directly underneath.
- Power on the laptop and login to Windows with the user name and password provided on the signage. If you are unable to sign in, please shut the laptop down and place it gently in the box near the door. Select a different laptop from the pile.
- After you are signed in, please navigate to the OBO off-campus use of UNI property form and fill it out, making sure to put the computer name (from the white label) in the "Description" box.
- Once you have submitted the form, you are free to head out with your laptop and power cord. Once you are home or at your remote work location, please take a minute to update your Service Hub ticket with the laptop's name and Service Tag (found on the bottom of the laptop or on some of the white labels).