IT provides a variety of services to the UNI campus. The information below outlines the services provided and any charges associated with those services.
IT - Network & Infrastructure Services
VMware Server Virtualization / Storage / Backups
|CPU||$75 / vCPU / yr|
|RAM||$45 / GB / yr|
|VM Storage||$0.50 / GB / yr|
Tape: $1.10 / GB / yr (non-deduplicated)
Disk (Replicated off site): $1.10 / GB / yr (deduplicated, avg 5:1 rate = $0.22/GB/yr)
|NAS Storage (beyond free allocation*)||$0.72 / GB / yr (Includes backup & off site replication)
NAS Departmental & User Storage Allocation
- Free Allocation
- Per Dept/Div/Unit
- Per User = 25 GB
- Wireless access point: $600 + labor, materials, & port charge (generally $1000 per location)
- New wired port: $300 + time and materials (no Resnet port charge)
- Make existing wired jack live: $300 (no Resnet port charge)
- Use of existing building fiber: $1500 per hop + fiber at $0.30/ft (based on the number of strands needed).
- Projects: If the project pays for a switch, occupants have 9 months after the project end to make ports live with no additional port charge.
- Common material pricing
Field Service Labor
- $60/hr (minimum 1/2 hr)
- Charge guidelines & FAQs
Networking for External Customers
- New wired port: $300 + time and materials, $25/mo