If it is your first time using your voicemail at UNI you should follow this guide to walk through setting up your voicemail for the first time.
UNI provides voicemail services using the ESNA suite. There are many features in this suite, but you only need a few to get up and running. As a user you will primarily encounter these things:
- Signing into the web portal using your UNI Google Account
- Email notifications for new voice messages and missed calls
- Specialized messages for vacation, out of office, and after hours
Listening to your Voicemail
From your email notification
Typically voicemails are set up to send email notifications by default. If you wish to receive notifications about voicemails but are not currently, please refer to this guide, Notifications for Voicemail.
You should receive a message like the following if you have a voicemail:
- Clicking View will open a browser window and allow you to listen to the message.
Using your desk phone
- Call 3-7600. You will be prompted to enter a PIN, if you need help resetting this please open a request on Service Hub.
- Once you have logged in you can hear your messages by pressing '2'.
- Follow the prompts in order to mark messages for deletion or leave them for later.
Navigating a message
- Press ‘1’ to pause the message.
- Press ‘5’ to rewind the message.
- Press ‘6’ to fast forward the message.
- Press ‘0’ to start over on the message.
You can read more details about accessing voicemail using a telephone here on Accessing the Voicemail Telephone User Interface.
Using the voicemail portal
You can check your messages by going to https://voicemail.uni.edu and logging in. You may have to go through the Google Account sign-in -- similar to signing into your UNI email. Once you've logged in you can click on Messages and you will be presented with an inbox.
For more detail about this method please read about it on Listen to UNI Voicemail Through the Web Portal.
There are various kinds of voicemail greeting options in the new UNI Voicemail system. When you initialize your voicemail box for the first time, the system has you set up two of these greetings by default, your Name Greeting and your External Personal Greeting.
You can access your greetings via phone or via the UNI voicemail web portal.
Setting a personal greeting from the voicemail portal
- Navigate to https://voicemail.uni.edu in either Firefox or Google Chrome and sign in. Once logged in, click on Greetings.
- Once in this area, you can see all your various greeting options including which greetings that are already configured. Go to the My Default greetings tab.
- From here you can choose to Play your existing greeting or Record a new one. If you record a new message you might have to Allow the browser access to your microphone -- you will be prompted for this.
- Once you have recorded a message, choose to save it and it will now play for the specified calls.
To see more about different location greetings go to Description of UNI Voicemail Greeting Options.
Setting a personal greeting from the desk phone
After your UNI voicemail has been set up for the first time or recently cleared and reset the default system message will play. To change this to a custom greeting please follow the steps below. You can also follow these steps to reset your greeting.
You will start by accessing your voicemail box. For further assistance with this part start reference this UNI voicemail telephone user interface. If you need help resetting your voicemail box password please refer to Reset UNI voicemail password.
- Dial 3-7600. Enter your password when prompted. If dialing 319-273-7600 from off campus you'll be prompted to enter your mailbox #.
- Select option 3 to record greetings.
- Select option 1 to set your personal greeting.
- Select option 1 to review your personal greeting. You can verify there is not one set, and then record a new one.
- Press 2 to re-record. You will be prompted to speak at the tone and then press # when finished.
- You can set the recording by pressing 1.