Assistance from Information Technology will be required to setup the one-X communicator. Use of a VPN is required to make this software functional. This software does not work over Remote Desktop. Please submit a servicehub request to get started.
Before you start
- Please ensure you have access to a UNI VPN. Depending on which department you are in you might already have access or you may need to request it if you don't know. Read more on the IT website regarding VPN usage or submit an issue in Service Hub.
- You will need the PIN/password for your desk phone. If you don't know it fill out this service request.
- If this your first time launching the application, choose to cancel the configuration wizard-- the software has already been configured.
Logging in and Setup
Launch the Avaya one-X Communicator. If it your first time launching the application you might be presented with a configuration screen, please close it. You should have a login screen as shown below.
You will be presented with login screen:
Enter your extension with your password (pin)
- If you do not know your password (pin) fill out this service request
Select place and receive calls using This Computer
Once logged in: you can customize your audio input and output devices.
- Located at: Menu -> Settings -> General Settings
From there navigate to Devices and Services -> Audio
You will have different audio devices listed - choose your connected microphone and speakers
The final step of the setup is to expand the dialpad and additional features
Expand the dialpad
Expand additional features
Placing a call
- Placing a call is simply entering the destination number
- DO NOT dial 9 • 1 before entering the number
- Place call by clicking the "phone icon"
- You can also extension dial (35555)
Answering a call
- When someone is calling you will be presented with this notification
- You may answer the calling using the left green button or decline the call by clicking the red right button
In call features
- End call
- To start a conference call begin with having an existing call going
- Dial another number
- By dialing the other party - this will put the existing call on hold
- Once the other party is on the line - press the Conference button
- Choose which lines to merge together and click Conference
- Continue your call
Review missed calls
- To review your missed calls click the Show Call Log in the top left corner of the application
- You may also call back directly from this screen by clicking the phone icon to the right of the Name/Number
Checking your voicemail
- To check voicemail you will need to expand the additional features button on the right
- It will have 2 arrow looking symbols
- Once you click that button enter your voicemail password using the dialpad
- Your voicemail password is 6 digits long
- To reset your voicemail password fill out this service request
- Click here for additional voicemail information
Transferring a call to voicemail
Click here for how to transfer a call to voicemail.