The Advisory Council provides the Director of Educational Technology & Media Services with communications from faculty, staff, and students that serve as a guiding force and source of feedback. The communications and feedback are key to maintaining a focus on key issues, setting a path that aligns with needs, and ensuring the allocation of proper resources.
IT Educational Technology & Media Services works closely with faculty, staff, and students on teaching and learning technologies along with related methodologies. Good communication and feedback are key to maintaining a focus on key issues, setting a path that aligns with needs, and ensuring the allocation of proper resources.
To provide this, an Educational Technology Advisory Council has been formed to provide advice and recommendations to IT Educational Technology & Media Services staff in these endeavors.
- Assist IT ETMS in setting directions and priorities for supporting the use of instructional technologies.
- Recommend planning and development activities related to instructional technologies, ensuring UNI’s Strategic Plan serves as the overall umbrella.
- Communicate to and share information with other faculty, staff, and students regarding instructional technology initiatives and directions.
- Attend and participate in Advisory Council meetings twice a year.
- Provide oversight into the faculty membership for other ETMS advisory groups including:
- Learning Spaces
- Learning Management Systems
- Emerging Technologies - Evaluation of new educational technology
- Learning Analytics/Predictive Analysis
- Professional Development – Training/Workshops/etc.